I will start this post off with one major rule, “Don’t pay full price for trends….EVER”. We all know that trends come and go so why fork over ton’s of money for clothing items that just may not stick around for more than a season. When I am thrift shopping I always look for the season’s most popular trends. Sometimes I score big and believe me, it’s really exciting to find items that you can wear for an entire season that you paid pennies for. Scroll down to see three spring/summer trends that cost me less than 10.00 per item!
I actually purchased this flowered maxi dress at the end of last summer. I didn’t get the chance to wear it before it got cold but since the flower trend is still going strong I was able to pull it out of the closet and wear it this spring and will definitely sport it through the summer months.
- Flowered Maxi Dress / Thrifted (Elle) /4.50
- Denim vest / Gap / 12.00
- Grey Cross body / thrifted / 3.00
- Leather Wedges / From my closet
- Blue Necklace / The Limited
Everywhere you look you see stripes. From dresses, to pants, even handbags, stripes are definitely a key trend for the season.
- Striped Dress/ Thrifted (Ann Taylor Loft) / 8.00
- Nude Heels / Thrifted (Christian Siriano for Payless) / 3.50
- Orange Clutch / From my closet
- Nude Clutch / Marshalls (Jessica Simpson)
- Jewelry / Charming Charlie
Off The Shoulder
The “off the shoulder” trend is definitely a front runner this season. This look it perfect for date night and the bell sleeves on this top is the icing on the cake. If you are more of a modest dresser but still want to be on trend, this top is perfect because as you can see if can be worn on the shoulder also. The most important thing to remember, “You don’t have to compromise to dress on trend”. Stay true to yourself and wear what’s comfortable to you!
- Top / Thrifted / 3.50
- Skinny Jeans / Macy’s (INC) / From my closet
- Sandals / Thrifted (Michael Kors) 3.50
- Clutch / Old Navy / From my closet
- Necklace / Burlington Coat Factory / 3.99