Boot season is finally here and a must have is a nice pair of over the knee boots. Now I must admit when the trend emerged back on the scene last fall I was a little skeptical about purchasing a pair. I know that not all 40 plus women feel the same, but I don’t think every trend is for me. The beautiful thing about fashion is you can wear whatever you feel comfortable in, there are really no rules, I just have personal rules for myself. So, I honestly wasn’t sure if over the knee boots were age appropriate for me. I know what your thinking, “are you serious”, yes, I’m very serious..lol. But I quickly realized that just like all fashion trends it’s really all about how you wear them.
When I first saw these boots it was love at first site. Since my knee surgery I just have not been able to stay in heels for long periods of time and the older I get comfort is key. The low heel on these boots satisfy my need for comfort and style. They are a beautiful shade of grey and have a rustic, broken-in look. I styled them with leggings and a long cardigan for a casual look. I took the same leggings, and added a swing dress, leather vest and this beautiful blue and grey multi-colored scarf (also from soft surroundings) for a more polished (work/office) look.
Soft surroundings is definitely my go to place for quality staples. I do a lot of thrifting and bargain shopping but I don’t mind investing in items that will last me for years to come. Honestly over the knee boots are available every fall in almost every shoe store it’s just that some seasons they are more popular. So even if they are not showcased in every major fashion magazine next fall, I will definitely be rocking this pair (this is me being hip..lol).
- Cardigan / Old Navy / My Fall Clothing Swap
- Grey Leggings / Vera Wang / Kohl’s
- Cream Sleeveless Blouse / Ann Taylor Loft
- Grey Swing Dress / Old Navy
- Grey Leather Vest / Jones New York / Macy’s
- Falling Feathers Scarf / Soft Surroundings
- Grey Suede Over the Knee Boots / Soft Surroundings
We all know that the camouflage trend has been hanging around for more than a few season’s. Summer had it’s fair share of camo tanks, t-shirts, shorts and cargo capri pants. As we transition to cooler temps I am seeing more and more sweaters with the popular green and black print.
I attended the Romancing the Runway Fashion Show last month in St. Charles and it was awesome. Not only was it a great fashion show but there were some great local vendors and boutiques there showcasing their items. So I’m enjoying some of the refreshments and great conversation when across the room I spot the most vivid camouflage print I have ever seen. I love bold and vivid colors so I knew that I had to have this sweater in my life. I was then introduced to Rachel Frost of Rachel’s Grove Women’s Clothing Store. Rachel was amazing and she did not hesitate to give me a closer look at this fabulous sweater.
Okay, now on to the fabric. This sweater is an acrylic/nylon/wool blend (only 8% wool) and is soft as a newborn babies blanket. Now remember I said that the fashion show was last month, September 28th to exact but the temps have been in the mid to upper 80’s for the past 3 weeks so unfortunately I had to wait until it was cool enough to sport this beauty.
As you know I love versatile pieces that I can mix and match with staples I already own. I can definitely pair this sweater with leggings and boots or a black maxi skirt and heels.
If you are in the market for quality clothing and great service with a smile make your way to Rachel’s Grove in Chesterfield MO. or Shop Online
I have been shopping with ThredUp for about a year now and they never disappoint when it comes to finding the seasons top trends at great prices. Today I’m sharing the top three reasons why I love shopping with ThredUp.
- Customized Thrift Shopping – When you first sign up on the site you are asked for your sizes (in clothing and shoes) and your brand preferences. You only have to enter the information once and from that point on when you log on and search for items only items in your size will show, this is probably one of my favorite features. I mean, how many of you have found the perfect article of clothing only to select the size and it’s sold out? This won’t happen with ThredUp, if I search for a black sweater I know that only black sweaters in my size will be displayed. I also like that on the bottom of my home page there are selections of clothing from my brand preferences or shopping history so I can just select from my favorite brands ( Women’s Brands )and go straight to their page to shop the latest new arrivals, again only in my size ( New Arrivals ). How awesome is that!!!
- The Selection – When I say there is something for every budget, that’s what I mean. I can honestly say that I have gone on the site with a budget of 40.00 and found up to 3 items (one of the items being a pair of shoes). There are coats, shoes, handbags, sweaters, athletic wear, I could go on and on. Weather you love Ann Taylor or Dolce and Gabanna you are sure to find your favorite clothing line represented on the site.
- Return Policy – It’s simple. If you don’t like and item you have 14 days to return it, I am a thrifter, so I know how strict some thrift stores and consignment shops are when it comes to returning items. With thredup, if I don’t like an item or let’s say the large I received fit more like a small, I am not married to the item, I can send it back for a store credit. This works out well for me because I know I will find something to replace the item.
Did I convince you to give it a try? If the answer is yes you can use the discount code “THEBROWNCLOSET” when you check out for an additional 50% off a 50.00 purchase. I have attached a few links below with similar items to the poncho I’m wearing and leather leopard tote. If you have questions please feel free reach out to me.
Remember…#secondhandfirst …..happy shopping ladies!!!!
Handbags and Totes