It’s that most wonderful time of the year right? Not only is my favorite holiday a few weeks away but like many of you my yearly company holiday party is quickly approaching. For me, finding something to wear is never a difficult task, for some it’s not so easy. I almost always know that it’s going to be basic black to the rescue.
Here is my list of reasons why going with an all black ensemble is a win-win:
- A Money Saver – Nine times out of ten you have a black dress, skirt, blouse already in your wardrobe. You don’t have to go out spending money on something new to wear. You can just mix and match what you already own. That black pencil skirt and black silk blouse would be perfect paired with a statement necklace or sequin belt. And even if you do have to go out and purchase accessories, it’s much cheaper to invest in a rhinestone necklace and earring set than to purchase a new dress. Shoe options are endless also, and also a great way to add a pop of color . When you do the math it’s definitely all about dollars and cents.
- Classic and Always on Trend – You can’t get any more chic than wearing an all black ensemble. No matter what the Pantone color of the year is, black is always in style. We already know that every women should own a BBD (basic black dress) and a black skirt. Social events are one of the perfect reasons why this rule exists. Your outfit will never be outdated if you stick with basic styles such as a sheath dress or A-line skirt.
- The Slimming Effect – Does wearing all black make you look slimmer? I say YES!!! Other’s may not agree with me. The science of it all, black can create a square silhouette which draws your attention to the figure’s line rather than the weight or volume. The reality, wear really good shape wear and it will instantly drop you to at least one size smaller (this is something that I know for sure).
Ultimately you want to wear what you feel most comfortable in. You never want to show up under dressed (showing too much skin) around your co-workers. There is a such thing as modest sophistication and it’s important to remain professional even in a more relaxed environment around our colleague.
- Coat/ J. Jill
- Black blouse / The Limited
- Black Pencil Skirt / Calvin Klein / Burlington Coat Factory
- Shoes / Ann Taylor
- Necklace / Charming Charlie
- Handbag / Apt. 9 / Khols
Shop Similar Items